The aroma of this dessert cooking will have you counting down the minutes until it’s ready! An easy alternative using the slow cooker for a delicious dessert!
When you think of fall what comes to your mind? I love the changing of the leaves, the cozy sweaters and boots and maybe more than anything, the comfort foods that return to our menu and the long, cozy evenings. All summer long we enjoyed barbequing, eating outdoors and lighter meals but as fall starts to creep in I begin adding some hearty dishes to our weekly menu.
Foods like stews, casseroles, roasts and soups. Comfort foods that I add to the slow cooker in the morning and when we get home in the afternoon we can smell their delicious aroma simmering away.
Today, 10 other bloggers are sharing their family’s favorite slow cooker meals! Each one is perfect for fall… delicious and easy to make so you have a hearty meal at the end of a busy day! Be sure to check out the rest of the yummy line up at the end of this post! (And special thanks to Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life for organizing this blog hop so we can all enjoy these delicious looking recipes!!)
I thought a little bit “outside of the box” for this one though and am sharing a dessert made in the slow cooker!
There have been times when both our ovens were being used and we had to get creative with our menu! Next time that happens, it’ll be easy to pull out the slow cooker and use it for the dessert part of the menu! This cake smelled soo incredibly delicious while it was cooking that I can’t wait to make it again soon!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Grease inside of a 3 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. (Batter will be very thick).
- Spread batter evenly in bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl.
- Stir in hot water until smooth.
- Pour evenly over batter in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker and let stand uncovered 30 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
- Spoon warm cake into dishes.
- Spoon sauce over top and serve with icecream.
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon by Kim of Kim Power Style
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup by Jo-Anna of A Pretty Life
Cheesy Sweet Potato and Bacon Soup by Tara of Suburble
Weight Watchers Crock Pot Chicken Tacos by Virginia of Fynes Designs
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken with Peppers by Christina of The DIY Mommy
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Cake by Kendra of Joy In Our Home
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Chili by Christine of Amidst the Chaos
Slow Cooker Apple Sauce by Jen of Kitchen Counter Chronicles
Slow Cooker Beef Stew by Shannon of AKA Design
Mexican Pulled Pork by Sarah of Flouish & Knot
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip by Dannyelle of Life is a Party
Thank you for stopping by today and enjoy the rest of your week, friends!