This French Toast can easily be made the night before in only 10 min. Then just pop it in the oven the next morning for a delicious breakfast!
Make ahead breakfasts are one of the best inventions ever. Nothing beats getting up in the morning and all the work for a delicious breakfast is all done! All you have to do is pop it in the oven!
This French toast recipe is one that I should’ve shared with you years ago. Seriously, I’m not sure what’s taken so long! I’ve made it countless times for my family, friends and company and the pan always gets scraped clean.
It’s so easy to make that I’ll often make this at the same time I’m cooking supper. It really only takes about 10 minutes to measure and beat the wet ingredients together and then layering the bread in a pan and that’s it!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 12 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Let boil until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Top with six slices of bread until all the caramel is covered.
- Place remaining bread on top.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon with an electric mixer.
- Pour over bread and cover.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking and then bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes.
And while we’re talking about French toast, try another favorite of ours, Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast!
Or take a peek at this collection of mouthwatering French toast and I’m sure you’ll find one that you’ll love!
Thanks for stopping by today!