Happy Wednesday Everyone!
One of my most favorite things about summer is all the fresh vegetables and fruits. Towards the middle of August, delicious, juicy B.C peaches start showing up at fruit stands and farmer’s markets. As soon as they show up, I know it’s time to make a pie we wait for all year.
My husband first tried this recipe quite a few years ago after seeing it in the local newspaper. My parents and auntie were visiting and it was a winner, hands down. We still laugh that when Auntie went home, she made the pie 7 or 8 times during the rest of summer. Yes, it’s that yummy!
- 1 9" well baked pie shell
- 5 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 package)
- whipped cream, sweetened with icing sugar and vanilla
- Mash enough peaches to make one cup. In a small saucepan, mix sugar and corn starch. Stir in water and the mashed peaches. Cook over medium heat until boiling and thick. Boil and stir for one minute. Set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread on bottom of pie crust.
- Fill pie shell with remaining peaches. Pour cooled peach mixture over the top. Refrigerate for at least 3-4hours. Just before serving, top with sweetened whipped cream.
So, next time you go to the market, or stop at a fruit stand or grocery store grab some peaches to make this pie. It likely won’t be the last time you make it this summer!
Thanks for coming by! I appreciate your “visit”!