How are y’all doing? It’s hard to believe January is almost gone and I couldn’t let National Citrus Month slip away without sharing a citrusy recipe!! It seems like each trip to the grocery store lately includes picking up some juicy oranges or lemons and today I want to share our very favourite lemon cake with you!
This cake is super easy to whip up, smells soo delicious as it’s baking and will be gobbled up faster than you can imagine! I have made it so often that I mix it up from memory now. It starts with a boxed cake mix and while I try to keep packaged foods out of our grocery cart, I do keep a couple cake mixes on hand in case I need a dessert on short notice.
- 1 white or lemon boxed cake mix
- 1/8 cup poppy seeds
- 1 pkg. instant lemon pudding mix (3.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (add more for desired consistency)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Beat cake ingredients for 2 minutes. Pour into well greased bundt pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Invert cake and cool.
- Using a wire whisk, mix lemon juice and icing sugar until barely pourable. Use spoon to drizzle over cake and allow to run down sides.
Have a great rest of the week everyone and thanks so much for stopping by today!
Linking to these fabulous parties:
Your Designs This Time, Time To Sparkle, On Display Thursdays, Tuesdays At Our Home, Motivational Monday, The Dedicated House, The Makers Link Party, Party In Your PJs, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Whimsy Wednesday, Moonlight and Mason Jars, Work It Wednesday, Pin Worthy Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, Artsy Fartsy Link Party, Inspire Me Please, Grace At Home, Creative Collection, Weekend Wind-down Party, Best of The Weekend, Super Saturday, Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop, Share It Sunday, Talented Tuesdays, Pretty Pintastic Party, Think and Make Party, Something To Talk About,