Good Morning Everyone!
Are you making your list yet for your Christmas baking? I’ve been thinking which of our favorites will make the “cut” this year. Every year, my mom, sisters and I each make our favorite cookies, squares and other sweets so you can imagine how many goodies there are to share when we get together for Christmas. A. Lot. These cookies HAVE to be included as they’ve definitely become a favorite!
Today, I’ll share one of the oldest cookies in the book with you, but I think it’s the best recipe ever! If you like a soft and chewy cookie, this is the recipe you’ve been looking for!
These cookies will stay soft even after 4 or 5 days. Not that they’ll last that long! They have the perfect blend of spices and are so delicious with a cold glass of milk, or in my case, a steaming cup of tea!
- 3/4 cups butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. ginger
- white sugar
- Cream together margarine and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and molasses.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Add to creamed mixture.
- Form heaping tablespoons of dough into small balls, smaller than a golf ball.
- Roll dough in sugar. Do not flatten.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie baking sheet and bake at 375F for 10 minutes, or until tops are cracked and lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing them to a cooling rack.
- This recipe doubles well.
Don’t forget, there’s still time to enter our Gift Guide Giveaway! Head on over and check out some fabulous gift ideas for this Christmas and enter to win one of the gift ideas on the list! You can find it all here!
Thank you so much for coming by today! I hope you all have a very lovely Sunday! And if there’s a chance to bake these delicious cookies this week, please do! I know you’ll love them!
Linking to these fabulous parties:
Your Designs This Time, Time To Sparkle, On Display Thursdays, Tuesdays At Our Home, Motivational Monday, The Dedicated House, The Makers Link Party, Party In Your PJs, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Whimsy Wednesday, Moonlight and Mason Jars, Work It Wednesday, Pin Worthy Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, Artsy Fartsy Link Party, Inspire Me Please, Grace At Home, Creative Collection, Weekend Wind-down Party, Best of The Weekend, Super Saturday, Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop, Share It Sunday,