How are you all doing? I hope you’re all settling back into routine after the holidays! It’s been hard rolling out of bed in our home… after the last few weeks of lazy days and sleeping in!
Today I’d love to share my new favourite soup with you! My husband made French Onion Soup about a month ago and I won’t tell you just how many times we’ve enjoyed it since! You will have to give this recipe a try!
When I was looking for a recipe for French Onion Soup I found that some recipes for this soup were sooo long and detailed. Which is totally okay. But I’m a more simple cook and this easy recipe certainly doesn’t sacrifice taste! The broth is delicious and the onions perfectly sautéed. The bread and melted cheese on top are the icing on the cake! It’s the perfect soup to make for a cold wintery day…. or for any other day!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 6-8 slices French bread (baguette)
- 3-4 cups cheese
- Saute onion in melted butter in a large soup pot or saucepan for 30-40 minutes, or until onions begin to brown.
- Add beef broth and garlic powder to onions.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Add the parmesan cheese in the last 10 minutes of cooking the soup.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut bread into slices and spread on cookie sheet. Toast for about 10 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Remove bread from oven and set oven to broil.
- Assemble each soup by spooning about 1 cup of soup into oven-safe bowls. Place bread on top of soup. Top with a generous 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Place bowls on baking sheet and broil for 5-6 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt. Serve hot.
Thanks for coming by and have a great rest of the week!
Linking to these fabulous parties:
Your Designs This Time, Time To Sparkle, On Display Thursdays, Tuesdays At Our Home, Motivational Monday, The Dedicated House, The Makers Link Party, Party In Your PJs, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Whimsy Wednesday, Moonlight and Mason Jars, Work It Wednesday, Pin Worthy Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, Artsy Fartsy Link Party, Inspire Me Please, Grace At Home, Creative Collection, Weekend Wind-down Party, Best of The Weekend, Super Saturday, Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop, Share It Sunday, Talented Tuesdays, Pretty Pintastic Party, Think and Make Party,