It’s been a little while since I shared a recipe on here so I thought we better change that! And what better recipe to share than a brownie. Brownies are one of my most favorite sweet treats. When I shared this brownie recipe with ya’ll a while back, I thought I was sharing the best.ever.brownie.recipe. However, we’ve since discovered a close second.
And if my husband keeps baking batches of these, I might be convinced that they’re my new favorite.
After all, the secret ingredient is rhubarb so technically that makes them healthy! Right?!
Any recipe that’s both quick to whip up and delicious is a winner in our home. These brownies are both of these so they’ve become our favorite treat this spring! I always put rhubarb in the freezer so we’ll be enjoying these year round!
I love rhubarb and chocolate and what better way to combine these two in a gooey, delicious brownie?
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rhubarb, diced
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray the paper with coconut spray (or another non stick spray of your choice.).
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until blended
- Add the rhubarb and chocolate chips and mix until they are combined. The batter will be thick.
- Pour and spread the batter into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove brownies from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
- Freezes well!
Let me know if you try these! (This recipe was adapted from: The Endless Meal)
Have a great week, everyone!
Linking to these fabulous parties:
The Scoop, Inspire Me Tuesday, Time To Sparkle, On Display Thursdays, Tuesdays At Our Home, The Dedicated House, The Makers Link Party, Party In Your PJs, Whimsy Wednesday, Work It Wednesday, Pin Worthy Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, Artsy Fartsy Link Party, Inspire Me Please, Grace At Home, Creative Collection, Weekend Wind-down Party, Best of The Weekend, Super Saturday, Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop, Share It Sunday, Talented Tuesdays, Pretty Pintastic Party, Think and Make Party, Something To Talk About, The Creative Circle, Dream Create Inspire,