A quick dessert to whip together, bake and enjoy! Delicious flavours of tart cherry, almond and cake!
I am so excited to share this delicious desert with you! I have to be honest… if I saw this recipe somewhere I’d likely skip right by it. I seem to lean more towards chocolate, chocolate and choco…. yes, I admit I love chocolate! But after my husband made these bars for the first time I was hooked. So were our kids. And we had company this week and a whole batch of these were quickly devoured.
They’re just plain ole’ delicious. Especially with homemade cherry filling. Last week a co-worker of my husband’s gave us a box of cherries picked right from her backyard. To me, there’s nothing like getting fresh veggies or fruit straight from the garden! I was soo excited when I saw that box of red little beauties! After pitting them all we made cherry pie filling and used some of it for these bars. So, so yummy!
You can be sure we’ll be enjoying these bars this weekend again!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Lightly grease a 11X17" jelly roll pan.
- Cream butter and then add sugar, vanilla, almond.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour and beat well.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter in a jelly roll pan.
- Spread cherry filling on batter and top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Using a wire whisk, mix icing sugar and lemon juice until mixed.
- Drizzle icing over while still warm.
- Freezes well.
Thanks for coming by today and have the most wonderful weekend! xo
Linking up to: The Scoop and all these wonderful parties!