If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert, these Lemon Bars are it! A delicious shortbread crust is topped with a tangy and creamy lemon filling.
There’s something about a lemon dessert that’s so refreshing and delicious. While I absolutely love chocolate, sometimes it’s the lighter and tangy flavour of lemons that I crave. After all, this Blueberry Citrus Cake is one I’ve made for my own birthday a couple of times. And then there’s this Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake that gets made in our home time and again. Everyone loves both of these.
Sometimes when a recipe is super easy I wonder if I should share it or not. It almost seems to simple to make and share on my blog. But just recently, when I needed to make something at the last minute for our neighbors, I turned to these trustworthy Lemon Bars that I’ve made a hundred times.
And as I enjoyed the tantalizing flavors of lemon and buttery shortbread together in this delicious bar, I knew I wanted to share them with you on here. #youneedthisrecipeinyourlife 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups icing sugar
- 3/4 cup butter; softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- additional icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, icing sugar and butter.
- Pat into a greased 9X13" pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, using the same bowl, whisk eggs lightly.
- Add sugar, flour and juice from lemons until frothy.
- Pour over hot crust and bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly brown.
- Cool and using a sieve, dust lightly with icing sugar.
- Freeze well.
Thanks so much for stopping by today,