Hello Everyone! Hope you’re all having a great weekend! I don’t normally post on Saturdays but our Monthly Ingredient Challenge falls on a Saturday this time around so I am sharing one of my favorite breakfasts with you!
This month’s ingredient challenge was bacon. And who doesn’t like bacon! The first recipe that I thought of was this tried and true one that we have enjoyed many, many times! Some weeknights we have breakfast for supper and this omelette is one of our favorites!
Loaded with bacon, peppers, green onions and cheese, this omelette is easy to whip up! We have made it countless times for company and it always, always gets rave reviews!
I often make this omelette with ham as well. Whenever we have baked ham leftovers, I freeze portion amounts for this recipe in ziplock bags so I have some on hand when I want to make it! It is delicious either way…. bacon or ham!
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 package bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup salsa, warmed
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch pan with parchment paper, with ends extending over shortest sides of pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, milk and flour in large bowl with whisk until blended.
- Stir in next 4 ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 14 to 16 min. or until edges are almost set.
- Top with cheese; bake 2 min. or until melted.
- Roll up omelet immediately, starting at one short end and peeling off paper as omelet is rolled. Place on platter and serve with salsa.
If you are craving a yummy breakfast entrée, I hope you give this a try! Thanks you for stopping by today and check out the rest of these mouth-watering recipes from my friends!
Linking to these fabulous parties:
Inspire Me Tuesday, Time To Sparkle, On Display Thursdays, Tuesdays At Our Home, Motivational Monday, The Dedicated House, The Makers Link Party, Party In Your PJs, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Whimsy Wednesday, Moonlight and Mason Jars, Work It Wednesday, Pin Worthy Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, Artsy Fartsy Link Party, Inspire Me Please, Grace At Home, Creative Collection, Weekend Wind-down Party, Best of The Weekend, Super Saturday, Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop, Share It Sunday, Talented Tuesdays, Pretty Pintastic Party, Think and Make Party, Something To Talk About, The Creative Circle, Bewitchin’ Block Party,