Hope you all had a very wonderful Christmas! The end of a year always calls for some reminiscing and it’s no different when it comes to blogging! As I was looking back and browsing through some of my favourite post from this year, I thought I’d share the top 10 with you… my wonderful readers!
This year has been ground breaking for me… after reading blogs for 5 or 6 years, I finally took the plunge and Joy In Our Home was born! I’ve learned a lot, made some amazing friendships, and gotten lots and lots of DIY done around our home, all because of this blog!
So, have a look back with me… the top 10 posts that you, my wonderful readers, loved!
1. Refinishing Our Hardwood Floors was perhaps one of my favorite projects we tackled this year! It was definitely the job that created the most sweat and elbow grease, but likely, our most rewarding! Our floors are the perfect example of how much you can save when you DIY!
2. Our Hot Chocolate Station was part of our Christmas Home Tour and it’s still a favourite spot with our little ones! Perfect for our cold winters, this station will be enjoyed all winter long!
3. I think these Fun & Colourful Metal Chair Makeover was one of my funnest projects I did all year! I think no one was more surprised than me when I chose these 4 bright, vibrant colours! I still love them and was totally honoured (and thrilled!!!) when Tonya at Love of Family and Home and Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe featured these chairs!
4. I love sharing recipes on my blog and one of my favourites this year was this Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake! Serve it warm from the oven, for a gooey delicious breakfast! I’m sure you’ll be making it again and again!
5. This year, we took part in two One Room Challenge Makeovers! This challenge takes place over a 6 week period and the first one we did was our Master Bedroom Makeover. You’ll have to check out the “before” pictures… I love the transformation and this room is definitely one of my favourite rooms in our home!
6. I was over-the-moon excited to host my first ever Holiday Home Tour! Eighteen of my fabulous blogging friends joined me as we took turns opening our homes throughout the week and sharing them, as they were all decked out for Christmas! If you have an extra half hour or so, come on over and check out my own tour please! My post also includes all of the links to the other homes… there is some gorgeous inspiration; I know you won’t be disappointed!
7. Bread Pudding with Cinnamon Toffee Sauce is another delicious recipe I shared and it was a big hit among my readers!
8. The Great Crate Challenge was part of a monthly challenge that I take part in each month.
9. I love this Burlap Photo Frame Display and it’s a great idea for a DIY gift or just to make for your own home! Be sure to check out this simple tutorial and maybe one for an upcoming birthday gift or even for Valentine’s Day!
10. This DIY Boxwood Wreath was one of my favorite DIY’s that I posted this Christmas season. After searching high and low for one, I decided to make my own and I love how it turned out!
11. Our Laundry Room Reveal was the second room we completed in the One Room Challenge! I am so happy how this room was transformed and it’s another amazing example how you can make a room 100% functional, practical for every day use and beautiful!
12. Opps! I have added two extra posts but I couldn’t resist sharing two more of my favourites! I hope you don’t mind! This recipe was another popular post and you can’t resist these Triple Layer Brownies!
Joy In Our Home hasn’t hit its one year anniversary yet and still, I’m blown away by the kind of year this has been! I’m so happy I jumped into this
crazy exciting and fun world of blogging and can’t wait to share some fun and exciting new things in 2015! Thank you to each one of you who reads this little blog… it certainly wouldn’t be as rewarding without some truly fabulous readers like you! Thank you for every single sweet comment you all leave… they really do make my day and make blogging so rewarding!
See you next year,
Linking to these fabulous parties:
Your Designs This Time, Time To Sparkle, On Display Thursdays, Tuesdays At Our Home, Motivational Monday, The Dedicated House, The Makers Link Party, Party In Your PJs, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Whimsy Wednesday, Moonlight and Mason Jars, Work It Wednesday, Pin Worthy Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, Artsy Fartsy Link Party, Inspire Me Please, Grace At Home, Creative Collection, Weekend Wind-down Party, Best of The Weekend, Super Saturday, Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop, Share It Sunday, Talented Tuesdays, Pretty Pintastic Party,